When the Helicarrier was sunk, Venom removed itself from Harry Osborn and was sampled by the Green Goblin before he left. He later captured Peter Parker and injected it into him, and due to Venom being part of Peter and Peter's smarter intelligence, the Venom sample became Carnage. After the Green Goblin learned Spider-Man was still alive, he sent Carnage to Harry's house and fought White Tiger, Power Man, Iron Fist and Nova before Harry reminded Carnage they still had a bond and took it off him and onto himself, turning him into Venom. Norman later took Venom with him and a small piece was left behind, which was taken by S.H.I.E.L.D..
Powers and Abilities
Carnage takes on the powers and abilities of his host organism. The symbiote grants the following powers:
- Superhuman Strength: Carnage is vastly stronger than Spider-Man.
- Superhuman Durability: Carnage is able to take multiple hits from his enemies.
- Superhuman Agility: Carnage is able of jumping 30 feet and is more agile than Venom.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Carnage is very flexible.
- Webbing Generation: Carnage can shoot strands of it's substance in the form of "webbing".
- Wall-Crawling: Carnage is able to climb most surfaces.
- ESP (Spider-Sense): Carnage possesses an extrasensory ability similar to Spider-Man’s spider-sense.
- Shapeshifting: Carnage can change his size and shape. He can also do this without a host.
- Stretchable Tongue: Carnage can stretch out his tongue.
- Spike Generation: Carnage can generate a couple of spikes from his body.
- Host Take-Over: Carnage has the ability to latch onto anyone and use their powers while taking control of their bodies.
- In the original comics, Carnage's host was Cletus Kassidy.