|Affiliation||S.H.I.E.L.D. (formerly) Doctor Octopus, Thunderbolts|
|Voiced by||Clancy Brown|
- In Why I Hate Gym, after being hired by Doctor Octopus, Taskmaster infiltrates Peter's school disguised as substitute gym teacher Mr. Jager in order to find out who Spider-Man is. Although thwarted by Spider-Man and White Tiger, Taskmaster has taken a personal interest in Spider-Man, considering him a possible future partner.
- In the episode Ultimate Deadpool, Taskmaster has a new costume and is revealed to have a brutal less-than-fond association with Deadpool due to Taskmaster stealing a S.H.I.E.L.D. hero identity list from Deadpool.
- In the Agent Venom Episode, Taskmaster and Beetle attempt to steal the symbiote that has attached itself to Flash Thompson. But Spider-Man and Flash were able to defeat both of them. Unforunately, Taskmaster gets away.
- In Cloak and Dagger , he appears at the end of the episode where Cloak and Dagger report about what has happened.
- In The Next Iron Spider , he attempts to steal the Iron Spider armor by disguising himself as Stan “the Janitor” Lee, but Spider-Man was able to prevent him from doing so. He then tries to persuade Amadeus Cho who was wearing the armor to join him, only for Spider-Man, Power Man, and Nova to interfere with his plan. Before he escapes, Taskmaster tries to blow up the armor.
- In "The Vulture", Taskmaster steals Doctor Octopus' files and calls Vulture to the rooftop he's on by using his first name and offers to help Vulture learn his true identity.
- In "The Savage Spider-Man", Taskmaster teams up with Kraven the Hunter to capture Zabu so that he can get Ka-Zar on his side. After Spider-Man is hit with a dart with a special poison that transforms him into the Man-Spider, Taskmaster and Kraven the Hunter escape with Zabu's cage. After Spider-Man is restored to normal, he, Ka-Zar, and Wolverine pursue Taskmaster and Kraven the Hunter to Manhattan. While Spider-Man fights Kraven the Hunter, Ka-Zar fights Taskmaster until Wolverine catches up and tackles Taskmaster into the river. Taskmaster manages to get away.
- In episode "New Warriors", Cloak and Dagger and Vulture end up being members of Taskmaster's own team called the Thunderbolts. Taskmaster and his team attack the Tri-Carrier and is revealed to be working with Green Goblin. He tricks Agent Venom and Amadeus Cho into freeing Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Beetle, and Scorpion. After Cloak is saved by Spider-Man when Taskmaster refuses to he and Dagger learn that Taskmaster cannot be trusted, they leave the Thunderbolts and join the New Warriors while Vulture remains a member of Taskmaster's team. Spider-Man and his New Warriors defeat Taskmaster, Doctor Octopus, Beetle, and Scorpion while Vulture and Goblin escape.
Powers and Abilities
The Taskmaster permanently acquired his powers and abilities after ingested a "mnemonic primer", a chemical serum which altered and enhanced his brain chemistry to make him hypercognitive especially in the area of skill observation and retention.
- Photographic Reflexes: The Taskmaster's superhuman abilities is that of his photographic reflexes. He was able to duplicate almost any physical act he sees after seeing it done by someone else only once.
- Superhuman Mimicry:Taskmaster after watching a video on fast-forward he is able to duplicate the moves at a greatly increased velocity, effectively giving him a form of super-speed.
- Physical Movement Prediction: He can also do things such as figuring out the sleight of hand techniques of a master poker cheater simply by watching them. He has often shown the ability to actually predict an opponent's next move before they make it if he has studied their fighting style enough. Opponents who are skilled at improvisational fighting styles, or who have a more random unpredictable style are less likely to have their moves predicted by Taskmaster.
- Photogenic memory- This power allows him to copy any melee fight move no matter what it is. He can also memorize any area with ease which allow him to move anywhere quickly even pitch-black darkness, as long as everything was where it was when he first saw it.
- Kinetic Memory: His mind works in the same way as a computer with unlimited storage capacity, only much faster. He is able to perform several mental functions at once without losing focus on any of them. Also, it allows him to instantly recall specific information with incredible speed and accuracy. He's able to store everything that he experiences in a photographic memory and retrieve it immediately without the typical human pause for thought. The sheer speed of his thoughts lead into augmenting his analytic ability so that he is able to make snap decisions about his surroundings and create complex scenarios at that same speed. Taskmaster is able to track the probability of an event by piecing together stored data.
- Multitasking: Taskmaster is able to perform multiple tasks at once by allocating a partition of his brain to each task. For example, Taskmaster can use his mind to replay a video he had watched previously, plan for the future, and focus on battling an opponent without any one task distracting him from another.
- Perception: He can perfectly read the facial expressions, body language of other, and figure out their thoughts and feelings, reading someone like a book. He has mastered his ability to interrogate others without them knowing, he can get even answers without asking directly.This ability extends to being able to psychologically profile people based on a sample of their handwriting.
- Photographic Deduction: He can intuitively observe environment and deduces any connections to situations and process them extremely fast. He possesses amazing skills of observation noticing even the smallest, and fastidious details without effort. He also possesses incredible skills of deduction and information processing of anything he's seen. He can figure out connections in whatever the he is investigating and process them extraordinarily fast.
Taskmaster can use this ability to master complex gymnastics routines and play difficult pieces of music. However, he typically prefers to use this ability to copy the combat skills, both armed and unarmed, of costumed crime-fighters and expert martial artists from around the world, typically seen through watching videos of them in combat situations. He can also copy the subtle muscle movements of others so precisely that he can at times do things such as copying another persons voice so precisely as to fool voice recognition software.
- Olympic-Level Conditioning: The Taskmaster is an Olympic-level athlete and was possibly among the most formidable armed and unarmed combatants in the world.
- Expert Tactician: Taskmaster is a master strategist and tactician.
- Master Martial Artist: Taskmaster is skilled in the martial arts, and is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant thanks to him having complete conscious control over his own body.
- Weapons Expert: Taskmaster is a master in a wide range of firearms, which he can use with considerable skill and accuracy.